The organizers of #BUDSC17 are committed to providing an environment where all participants–regardless of age, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, nationality, marital status, military status, religion, socioeconomic status, childcare requirements, or dietary requirements–feel safe, included, and comfortable at the conference. We will do our best to accommodate specific needs; please notify one of the organizers (you can identify us by our orange name badges) if an issue arises or if we can be of help.
Lactation Room: Room 240 is reserved for nursing mothers.
Quiet Room: Room 217 is reserved as a quiet space. We ask that you be respectful of this space and those who utilize it.
All Gender Restrooms: There are all gender bathrooms on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor of the ELC. There will be directions on the registration table.
There is no place at this conference for harassment or intimidation of any kind. Please use the following supportive behaviors:
Use welcoming language that honors pronoun preferences and favors gender-neutral collective nouns
Encourage and yield the floor to those whose viewpoints may be under-represented in a group
Seek concrete ways to make physical spaces and online resources more universally accessible
Accept critique graciously and offer it constructively
Give credit where it is due
It is important to understand the range of behaviors that may constitute harassment, and we encourage you to stay alert to the welfare of those around you. Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments and triggering language that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, national origin, or religion (or lack thereof)
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate or unwelcome physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
To report incidents of any sort please report incidents in person to a staff member or volunteer; if one is not available please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Sources of Inspiration: DHSI, DLF, NDLC, US OpenGLAM)